Report a Threat to Libraries
Report a threat to American Libraries and let us help fight against it.
Have you heard about a threat to an American library? Please let us know! Whether it's cutting school libraries, defunding public libraries, or bad legislation, we would love to use our extensive resources and experience to help fight back. If it's your own library, we would love to work with you to develop an action plan that is effective and efficient. Just use this contact form to let us know about a threat to libraries anywhere in the United States and we'll help get to work.
There are many ways that we can help you fight back.
- We have built an extensive database of library supporters and volunteers that we can activate for your cause.
- We have a the most powerful petition platform in the library industry to help drive your supporters to contact state, federal, and local politicians to convince them to support your organization.
- We can offer monetary support and help rally donations for issues that need it. We have a network of media contacts to bring attention and awareness and support for your library.
- We have extensive knowledge and experience working with local, state, and federal campaigns on a wide range of issues from fighting bad legislation to helping to win local ballot initiatives.
- And finally, we can offer training and consulting pro-bono for your initiative to help you create a plan to fight back.
Many of our actions are funded through our Rapid Response Fund. This fund allows us to take action for libraries in the event of a clear and immediate threat. We have been able to use this funding to fight against bad legislation in Michigan, to fight the Koch Brother Funded PAC in Illinois, and to fight against terrible election to defund the library in LaFouche Parish in Lousiana in order to fund a prison. While we can help fight these battles with our rapid response fund, we also need your help to fund it. Click here to find out how.