Pages tagged "pledge"
I pledge to vote for candidates who support libraries, and for local ballot measures that provide the funding our librarians need to their amazing work.
When I vote, I will consider how candidates look at libraries. I understand that from the President to the local town council, these are the people who make funding decisions for libraries. My vote matters this year and for future generations of Americans.
I pledge to #VoteLibraries because:
- Libraries transcend political parties and politics. They are open and free for all.
- Librarians need stable funding at the local level, and from state and federal programs, to do their life-changing work well.
- Quality libraries support business development and entrepreneurs and that makes our local and national economy stronger and they provide the resources for a more educated and informed community.
- My community is a better place to live, is more fun and interesting, and is more successful because of our library.
- I want to live in a community that values its libraries and supports its librarians. Every town and city in America deserves that same opportunity.
Pledge your vote