Businesses at every stage – from ideation to launch to scale – can benefit from the resources at the public library and the expertise of librarians. Libraries give companies access to data, market research, testing and opportunities to scale. Librarians also have an extensive knowledge base to help entrepreneurs grow their businesses.
Access resources that otherwise would cost thousands of dollars from LexisNexis to JSTOR to Standard & Poor’s.
- Check for patent and trademark information
- Gather competitive data and intelligence
- Develop your pitch deck for investors
- Research your supply chain, financial, and legal information
Librarians can serve as an extension of your staff and will help you harness the power of these resources to grow your business.
Data and Testing
Libraries can support product development and testing, including access to hardware and platforms in real-world conditions.
- Get your product in the hands of potential customers
- Convene a focus group or beta test
- Generate useful feedback which can be applied to the development process
Librarians want to support local businesses. They are there to help and they are interested in your success.
Going to Market
The library is a showroom. Studies show, people are more likely to buy a product after first trying it at the library.
- Allow potential customers to experience your platform, product or service first hand through the local library
- Conduct ongoing research and competitive analysis to continue innovation
Librarians are early-adopters and train late-cycle adopters (the public) every day on emerging technologies, platforms, apps, and innovations. Harness the power of these resources to grow your business.
Libraries are mobile and forward thinking
Libraries have innovative resources, such as 3D printers and tablets, which can be leveraged during the product development cycle. Many of the re- sources you need can be accessed remotely from your office.
Like this to spread the word