President Biden's proposed budget for 2023 includes increased Federal funding for library programs and services.
Please send an email to your representative to ask them to support these budget increases!
Click to share the petition on Facebook and Twitter.
Most people don't know there is a federal organization called The Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) that provides funds to libraries and museums across the nation.
These funds are provided to libraries and museums by IMLS through state sponsoring programs.
These programs provide:
- Safe havens for your children
- Talking book services to your friends and family who are visually-impaired
- Services for youth on the Autism Spectrum
- Essential support services for your nation’s returning veterans
- Free literacy programs that ensure you will have the foundation to live a truly free and wonderful life regardless of your zip code.
The Institute of Museum and Library Services sponsors these programs through an annual budget that is usually less than 250 million dollars distributed to all US states and territories.
These are the same Federal Funds that were proposed to be removed in the previous four White House Budgets.
Your donations help support libraries across the country.
Now, we have an amazing opportunity to increase the budget for this essential program.
The White House Budget for 2023 includes a proposed increase of $20 million for libraries and museums through the IMLS program.
That is incredibly exciting news for our community!
Please let your Representatives know that you support the proposed increase in funding for these critical programs.