When I vote, I will consider how candidates look at libraries. I understand that everyone running for office, from the President to the local legislators in my community, are the people who make funding decisions for libraries. I also understand that my own vote matters this year and for future generations of Americans.
I pledge to #VoteLibraries because:
- Libraries transcend political parties and politics. They are open and free for all.
- Librarians need stable funding at the local level and from state and federal programs to do their life-changing work well.
- Quality libraries support business development and entrepreneurs and that makes our local and national economy stronger and they provide the resources for a more educated and informed community.
- My community is a better place to live, is more fun and interesting, and is more successful because of our library.
- I want to live in a community that values its libraries and supports its librarians. Every town and city in America deserves that same opportunity.