I want my fellow Utahns to know that I support libraries and the American principles of free expression, strong community, and self-direction, that they represent. I recognize the importance of libraries as bedrock institutions of learning and local neighborhood hubs that foster informed, connected, and healthy communities across Utah.
I want to live in a community that values its library and supports its librarians. Every town and city and school in Utah deserves that same opportunity.
I support Utah libraries because:
- My community is a better place to live, is more fun and interesting, and is more successful because of our library.
- Libraries are free and open for all and provide a wide range of information, supporting a more educated and informed community. Libraries have books that reflect all perspectives; they transcend partisan political parties and politics.
- Libraries are centers of free expression, discovery, learning, self-direction, and artistic creation. Libraries support and nurture arts and culture in our communities, providing gallery space, performance space, and maker/creative spaces for all ages and interests.
- Libraries support business development and entrepreneurs, fostering prosperity, and strengthening our local and national economy.
- Libraries cultivate and preserve our local history and stories, helping us make connections between our past and present, and inspiring us to see the future we can create together.
For these reasons I am proud to sign up and add my name to the list of Utahns who support well-funded libraries across the state.